The IWMA has programs to help businesses manage their universal waste and hazardous waste.  State and Federal laws govern these programs and restrictions apply.

To dispose of hazardous waste, fill out the appropriate form below. If you qualify to participate in the program, the approved form will be emailed back to you with instructions to bring the inventoried waste to one of the following listed below. If you do not qualify, the reason will be described on the returned form.  If you would prefer to have the forms faxed, please call Patti Toews at (805) 782-8530.

Note: The IWMA is not a regulatory agency and cannot advise you regarding hazardous waste regulations or your current status as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG).  If you are unsure if the business is a CESQG or if you have questions about hazardous waste regulations, please call County Environmental Health at (805) 781-5544 for further guidance. The IWMA reserves the right to provide information to County Environmental Health to verify your compliance with CESQG regulations.

Businesses With Universal Waste and Used Oil/Latex Paint

This form is for businesses with universal waste, which includes household batteries, fluorescent lamps, sodium/metal hydride/halogen bulbs.  In addition, please use this form for used oil and latex paint.

Universal Waste – Online Form

If you prefer a printed form, download the Universal Waste and Used Oil/Latex Paint form, and return it either by email to or by fax to (805) 782-8529.

Businesses With Hazardous Waste

This form is for businesses who qualify to participate in the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) Program, and who have 27 gallons or 220 pounds of hazardous waste to dispose of per calendar month.

CESQG Waste – Online Form

This form requires an EPA ID Number.  If you do not have an EPA ID Number or don’t know if you have one, please call the Environmental Protection Agency at (800) 618-6942.  They will look up your business and give you the number.  If you don’t have one, they will issue one to you.  If you think this is a one time occurrence, they can issue you a temporary EPA ID number.

If you prefer a printed form, download the Hazardous Waste Forms and return it either by email to or by fax to (805) 782-8529.

How to Dispose of Waste

After your form has been approved, bring the inventoried waste at your appointment date and time to the approved location, which will be one of the  locations listed below. When you bring in your waste, please have the following ready to show the on-site attendant:

1.  Your completed and approved inventory and certification form and
2.  A credit card or check for the total cost made payable to SLO County IWMA (no cash please)

Paso Robles Landfill
9000 CA Hwy. 46 East, Paso Robles, CA
Hours: Friday 1pm – 3pm
Map & Directions

Chicago Grade Landfill
2290 Homestead Road, Templeton, CA
Hours: Friday 9am – 11am
Map & Directions

Cold Canyon Landfill Household Hazardous Waste Facility
2268 Carpenter Canyon Road, San Luis Obispo, CA
Hours: Wednesdays 9am – Noon
Map & Directions

Morro Bay Household Hazardous Waste Facility
160 Atascadero Road, Morro Bay, CA
Hours: Thursday 9am – 11am
Map & Directions

Nipomo Household Hazardous Waste Facility
509 Southland Street, Nipomo, CA
Hours: Thursday 2pm – 4pm
Map & Directions

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Patti Toews at (805) 782-8530 or by e-mail at