Illegal in Garbage & Drains
Special Instructions

If you have explosive materials, including ammunition, do not bring them to a Household Hazardous Waste Facility.  Instead, call your police department or the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff for details on proper disposal.

Marine flares should be disposed of with the Coast Guard or Marine Management options.


Contact Law Enforcement

Explosives cannot be disposed of with hazardous waste because they have their own set of regulations. With the exception of fireworks, contact the police or fire department for further instructions.